Two days after rejecting a bill, the House reconsidered the legislation Tuesday afternoon, passing on a vote of 37 to 32 a bill that will require certain state workers and teachers to retire later than in current law. The bill also would change the cost of living adjustment from current law for these employees once they retire. To the left is the tally sheet of how the lawmakers voted.
- I am sad. apnews.com/9b816e06aab541… 5 hours ago
- New report on Russian disinformation, prepared for the Senate, shows the operation’s scale and sweep washingtonpost.com/technology/201… 1 day ago
- Russian Effort to Influence 2016 Election Targeted African-Americans nyti.ms/2R2pmzO 1 day ago
- 4,400-Year-Old Tomb of Royal Egyptian Priest Is Unearthed nyti.ms/2QSqpT3 1 day ago
- Thousands Brave Cold to Protest Hungary’s Far-Right Leader, in Rare Dissent nyti.ms/2GiBskc 1 day ago