Two days after rejecting a bill, the House reconsidered the legislation Tuesday afternoon, passing on a vote of 37 to 32 a bill that will require certain state workers and teachers to retire later than in current law. The bill also would change the cost of living adjustment from current law for these employees once they retire. To the left is the tally sheet of how the lawmakers voted.
- Wow. Those numbers tell the tale. twitter.com/Redistrict/sta… 1 hour ago
- Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too nyti.ms/2ABkevk This is a hell of a column from Selma Hayek. Wow. 6 hours ago
- Oh lord ... the expression on the guy's face as he's stunned into silence makes me want to watch this all over agai… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- Jones wins in stunning Alabama upset: apnews.com/e2f3c87b2f6b4c… (from @AP) https://t.co/RZ1rj6KoQ4 22 hours ago
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year for 2017: 'Feminism': apnews.com/ab37274e7a044b… (from @AP) Interesting. Lookups… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago