- Spain Will Remove Catalonia Leader, Escalating Secession Crisis nyti.ms/2zrApX4 Whoa, things are escalating. 10 hours ago
- RT @nytimesbooks: Trying to understand what's happening in Catalona? Read these 3 books. nyti.ms/2hS7sw5 11 hours ago
- RT @EricLiptonNYT: Sure, every news story is a collection of facts arranged by a writer. But fairness is very important to me. 13 hours ago
- RT @EricLiptonNYT: This is the only response I got from the EPA, after MONTHS of effort to speak with them. Was disappointed. I did want to… 13 hours ago
- RT @EricLiptonNYT: A NYT special investigation: the war within the E.P.A. over toxic chemicals and safety nytimes.com/2017/10/21/us/… 13 hours ago
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The six lawmakers on the HB78 conference committee have just broken up without an agreement, which means New Mexico will continue to issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. “What the Senate came up with is going back to the status … Continue reading
A bill that would create a New Mexico health care exchange is headed up to the desk of Gov. Susana Martinez. The Senate just concurred to amendments the House added. Sen. Dede Feldman, D-Albuquerque, and the sponsor of the legislation, … Continue reading
Rep. Andy Nunez, House Majority Leader Ken Martinez and Rep. Ray Begaye will be the House’s representatives in the conference committee on House bill 78. Sen. Peter Wirth, Sen. John Ryan and Sen. Howie Morales will be the Senate’s representatives.
House and Senate lawmakers will meet in Room 305 of the Capitol to hash out differences in House Bill 78, the bill that would have prohibited the state from giving state drivers’ licenses to illegal immigrants.
The Capitol is a weird, tough place sometimes. I thought this statement summed up what it’s like.
By a vote of 30 to 40, the House failed to concur to Senate amendments on HB 78, the drivers license bill. The House will send a message to the Senate telling it of the House’s decision not to accept … Continue reading
Seconds ago, Rep. Andy Nunez, I-Hatch, asked the House to oppose agreeing to Senate changes made to HB 78, which in its original form would have denied state drivers licenses to illegal immigrants. The Senate gutted that provision.